WE’RE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING AND RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website or call us, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure under the UK Data Protection Act 2018, which is the UK’s implementation of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We obtain information about you when you use our website and contact us using the following:
Enquiry, property viewing, maintenance & feedback forms: When you submit any one of these four forms, the personal information we collect might include your name, email address and any other information you provide us with such as your contact number.
Enquiry calls: If you choose to contact us using the telephone number on the website, any personal information you provide will be collected.
We may also obtain your contact details if you have requested information about our products through third party service providers we work in association with or who work on our behalf; for example, property sale companies or at auctions.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We may typically use your personal information for the following purposes. This is not a definitive list and may change from time to time:
- To send you information about our rental properties or communications which you have requested
- To respond to your enquiries or comments submitted through this Website
- To help improve our products and services
- To help customise the website according to your interests
- To help in training and development of staff
- If you choose to contact us using the telephone number on the website, calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
WHAT IS THE LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE INFORMATION?
We have a legitimate interest to process this information. These legitimate interests are:
- To ensure that your queries are addressed
- To provide you with our services
- To gain information about the use of our website and any improvements that can be made
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
In accordance with Data Protection laws, we will retain your personal information for three years from the date of collection at which point it will be erased or anonymised so that the data no longer identifies you.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties (beyond our network and partner companies) for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION?
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us on email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data at any time.
- You have the right to use our website without consenting to marketing and communication services. We do NOT send marketing emails to our clients. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You have a right to request access to or rectification of your personal data which we hold about you. You also have a right to erase your personal data, to restrict the processing of your personal data and the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, the right to object to our processing of your personal data and a right to request that we transmit your personal data to another data controller.
- Where we process your personal data because you have given us your consent to do so, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel unhappy with the way we process your data. Please visit www.ico.org.uk for more information.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in Jan 2022.